As of press time, these were some of the local, coronavirus cancellations.
• Parent Central Services is closed until further notice. Services are only provided to mission-essential or emergency personnel.
• Community yard sales, throughout the Villages at Belvoir, this weekend.
• EFMP Easter Egg Hunt, March 28.
• Military Spouse & Youth Job Fair, March 31. Planning for another date is underway. Laureen DuPree, email@example.com.
• The U.S. Army Concert Band performance, April 3, Hylton Performing Arts Center, Manassas. Some past performances available on facebook.
• DHS Military Spouse hiring event, April 8. Planning for another date is underway. Questions? Email Laureen DuPree, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Joint Personal Property Shipping Office, Fort Belvoir has two temporary jobs available for transportation assistant, inspector. One is through September, the other, not to exceed three years.
Duties are: inspects contractor performance at owner’s residence and at warehouse during packing and unpacking; provides counseling and help on a variety of transportation services to DoD personnel and their families; inspects contractor warehouses to ensure storage methods are proper. Prior experience with PCS or household goods is beneficial. Both positions require a valid state driver’s license and will have flexible schedules.
Resumes can be submitted by March 27 to Kimberly.email@example.com.
Comment period open
As required by Fort Belvoir Garrison’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Permit, Belvoir Directorate of Public Works, Environmental Division is accepting comments on the Draft PCB Total Maximum Daily Load Action Plan and the Draft Bacteria TMDL Plan for the Lower Accotink Creek until April 15.
Comments can be submitted via email to Sybille Vega, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal assistance closure
The Legal Assistance Division is suspending all in-office functions, including tax center services, walk-in notary services and preparation of powers of attorney. All future attorney consultations will be conducted via telephone. Appointments are available by leaving a name and phone number message at 703-805-2856. Non-deploying estate plans will be drafted and reviewed with clients, but will be executed onsite once the center resumes normal operations.
Soldiers who are scheduled for deployment will be provided on-site services. Clients should indicate their deployment status when you call the office for help.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
All in-person SFL-TAP services have been suspended until further notice. Those with appointments will be contacted to reschedule. To schedule an appointment or make a change, contact the main center, 703-805-9247 or by email to email@example.com. The center will not be open for normal business so please call or e-mail.
Updates on when services will be restored will be posted on Facebook at Fort Belvoir Soldier for Life-Transition Assistance Program and at home.army.mil/belvoir.