See Fort Belvoir’s temporary Gate Schedule below:
- Visitor Center: Open Mon - Fri, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. Closed on weekends, holidays and the following dates: Dec. 24 - 25, and Dec. 31-Jan. 1. Visitors that need access but do not have a pass will process through the security canopy at Tulley Gate.
- J.J. Kingman Gate: Closed – Expected to reopen Dec. 21.
- Tulley Gate: Open 24-7 (Visitors and Commercial Vehicles must use this gate)
- Pence gate: Open 7 days a week 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m., egress (exit) is open 24-7.
- Farrar (Davison Army Airfield) Open 24-7 (Authorized personnel only)
- Lieber Gate: Open 7 days a week 6 a.m. - 6 p.m., egress (exit) only 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Telegraph Gate: Closed
- Walker Gate: Closed – Expected to reopen July 2021.
Flu Information Hotline
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital’s Flu Information Hotline is ready to provide you with the latest information regarding this season’s Flu Vaccine. You may access the hotline 24/7 by calling 571-231-7777.
Force Protection Exercise
The 55th Explosive Ordnance Disposal Company, 947th Military Working Dog Detachment, 212th Military Police Detachment, and Fort Belvoir Directorate of Emergency Services will collaborate in a Force Protection Training Exercise Dec. 8 from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the Telegraph Gate area. There will be increased law enforcement presence in the area.
Digital Garrison App available for download
The U.S. Army’s Digital Garrison App is available in the Google Play and Apple App stores, for free. This app gives the community access to Fort Belvoir information in the palm of your hands. It delivers real-time information for a full range of installation services such as gate hours, MWR events, connect directly to the Commissary and Exchange, and much more. Search for Digital Garrison in app stores now.
Ugly Sweater Virtual 5K & 10 K
Get into the Holiday spirit at MWR’s Ugly Sweater Virtual 5k/10k Run, Dec. 1 - 24. Choose your own course or opt to use the traditional 5K and 10K route options on Fort Belvoir. Cost is $15 per person. The first 100 participants will receive a long sleeve, ugly sweater shirt (sizes are limited). Showcase your ugliest running apparel or your new shirt by posting a picture of your run on our MWR Facebook page for a chance to win gift cards. To register, visit belvoir.armymwr.com, search Ugly Sweater. Call Sports & Fitness at 703-806-4430 for more information.
Holiday Scavenger Hunt
Join MWR for a safe, socially distanced Fort Belvoir Holiday Car Scavenger Hunt, now through DEC. 20. Travel to 10 of Fort Belvoir’s MWR locations to find gigantic holiday inflatables in order to answer 10 scavenger hunt questions. Weekly prizes will be given. Submit your answer sheet and post photos of you and your family with the characters you find along the way for a chance to win. For details and to download your answer sheet, visit belvoir.armymwr.com, search Scavanger Hunt.*No federal endorsement implied.
Family Drive-In Movie: The Grinch
MWR presents December’s Family Drive-In Movie: The Grinch (PG) on Friday at 6:30 p.m. with parking at 5:30 p.m. in the lot behind the MWR Library and the Motorcycle Safety Course (between 16th and 18th Streets). Tickets are $10 and are non-refundable. For ticket, rules and restrictions, visit belvoir.armymwr.com, search movie.
RSO chapel services
The Religious Support Office’s weekly worship services are conducted virtually and in-person on Fort Belvoir, with an in-person limit of 50 per service. To view virtual services and register for in-person services, visit their Facebook page at Facebook.com/FortBelvoirRSO.
- Jewish, Belvoir Chapel, Fridays, 7 p.m.; and Saturdays, 10 a.m.
- Catholic, Fairfax Chapel, Mondays-Thursdays, 12:05 p.m.; and Sundays, 11 a.m. Belvoir Chapel, Saturdays, 5 p.m.; and Sundays, 9:30 a.m.
- Anglican, Fairfax Chapel, Sundays, 9 a.m.
- Chapel Next, Resiliency Center, Sundays, 9:30 a.m.
- Traditional, Belvoir Chapel, Sundays, 11 a.m.
- Gospel, Thurman Hall, Sundays, 11:30 a.m.
ACS offers virtual class for expecting parents
Army Community Service is offering a free virtual Baby Bundles class Dec. 16.
Class will be held from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and will teach about postpartum expectations, infant care, and how to manage a family budget for when a new baby arrives. Participants must register by calling 571-231-7028 or by sending an email to Briana.firstname.lastname@example.org.