Although Halloween will look different this year, Families can still plan to have fun and celebrate the fall season. Fort Belvoir has provided a roundup of activities that are happening on and around the installation that are aligned with Fort Belvoir’s authorized list of low-risk activities. Families on and off post are encouraged to take the steps to adhere to the safety protocols to protect yourself and your community from getting and spreading COVID-19.
Examples of authorized low-risk activities include:
• Carving or decorating pumpkins with members of your household and displaying them
• Carving or decorating pumpkins outside, at a safe distance, with neighbors or friends
• Decorating your house, apartment, or living space
• Doing a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors from house to house admiring Halloween decorations at a distance
• Having a virtual Halloween costume contest
• Having a Halloween movie night with members of your household
• Having a scavenger hunt-style trick-or-treat search with your household members in or around your home rather than going house to house.
Wear a mask
• Make your cloth mask part of your costume.
• A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
• Do NOT wear a costume mask over a cloth mask. It can make breathing more difficult.
• Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing
Decorate and carve pumpkins
• Decorate your home for Halloween.
• Carve pumpkins with members of your household or outside with neighbors or friends.
• Walk from house to house, admiring Halloween decorations at a distance.
Remember to always
• Wear a cloth mask
• Indoors and outdoors, stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
• Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
• Indoors and outdoors, you are more likely to get or spread COVID-19 when you are in close contact with others for a long time.